View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #251
rem503

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bserver View Post
I tore into my first Boxster for the first time today. Its new to me with 79k on the clock so I though I should give it a good once over.

This is my first mid engine car owning/working on. I accessed the engine for the first time today wich was a bit of a dance but thanks to my 101 book I got through it.

While I had the engine cover off I sprayed some orange cleaner and give it all a good wipe. I checked the air cleaner. Cleaned the intake tubes and throttle body, which was gunked up. Installed new oil cooler o-rings.

I climbed under and installed a new engine mount. I left the dust covers off accidently, hopefully not a big deal. While I was under I tracked down a heat shield rattle.

I installed clear side markers.Popped the headlights out to troubleshoot dim lights.Popped out the headlight switch from the dash. I have to order a new one.

I have to say this is a fun car to work on and very well made. all in all a productive weekend. I've got some parts to order and I'm looking forward to next weekend.

From rem503,
Sounds like you had an great time! Nice job. For how buried the engine is on this car, it is amazingly not that hard to do many repairs. The spark plugs on my 4 cyl Ford Ranger were more difficult.
rem503 is offline   Reply With Quote