View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #249
0bserver

I tore into my first Boxster for the first time today. Its new to me with 79k on the clock so I though I should give it a good once over.

This is my first mid engine car owning/working on. I accessed the engine for the first time today wich was a bit of a dance but thanks to my 101 book I got through it.

While I had the engine cover off I sprayed some orange cleaner and give it all a good wipe. I checked the air cleaner. Cleaned the intake tubes and throttle body, which was gunked up. Installed new oil cooler o-rings.

I climbed under and installed a new engine mount. I left the dust covers off accidently, hopefully not a big deal. While I was under I tracked down a heat shield rattle.

I installed clear side markers.Popped the headlights out to troubleshoot dim lights.Popped out the headlight switch from the dash. I have to order a new one.

I have to say this is a fun car to work on and very well made. all in all a productive weekend. I've got some parts to order and I'm looking forward to next weekend.

Last edited by 0bserver; 11-18-2012 at 06:58 PM.
0bserver is offline   Reply With Quote