View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Hi @Brad,

Not what I wanted to hear, but maybe I needed to hear it.

You may be right. However, I am ONLY looking at $150 for headers and can easily take the the pieces down to my local muffler shop and have him do the "Cat swap" for less than $100. I already have cat deletes and have a Top Speed Pro-1 Cat Back Exhaust in my sites. I DO understand the exhaust WILL NOT flow as well as FULL Headers and likely there will be some lost HP, as a result of keeping the cats in there, I cannot afford to do without them totally…yet.

The reason all this is becoming necessary is because I have the intake portion just about dialed in. While the Pedro mod may be better for a stock intake, there is nothing stock - or EVEN AVAILABLE, that is LIKE my intake. I have my Stage 2 Intake completed (HUGE Air Filter, 4" silicone tubing to 3.25" with the MAF housing RIGHT BY the Throttle Body). It is flowing a TON of air! ECU mapping is next.

It may seem like a 'short cut' or "tacky" to some but compared to the cost of hi-performance cats, more than a grand more….this is much MORE do-able ON A BUDGET.

I DO however value your opinion and will take it under advisement. I may be saying, "Curses I really wanted to get Headers" but, it may be an exhaustive pipe dream, that is the reason I asked the ????.

I was told the Air Intake system would LOSE power too….but it doesn't and I am a happy camper for only spending a couple hundred and some time in R & D (therapy for me).

So, if anyone has a way it CAN BE DONE, or you have been able to make the Headers work, without breaking a fragile piggy bank, given the set up I have…please enlighten me. Or, maybe it will be an 'exhaust pipe dream'. Thanks!
Even if you were able to accomplish this (and I don't think that you can for the reasons that BYprodriver gives), you're still stuck with very restrictive 400 cel cats .