View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
b55er

Update:

EDU Doctors tells me that they were unable to repair the M531. They replaced several low level components (non-violotile memory I think) without success. My DME checked out fine. They said to get everything working, I'd need to replace M531, reprogram the DME, and order a new key head with a pill. What I didn't understand is that I gave them 2 new keys and one working key. They wanted to replace the working key with a new one. They said the pill was burned to the original M531. I didn't understand that because from what I understand, the pill is passive (non-remote key)

Anyway.. I authorized the parts and work (~$620) and the local dealer received the DME, 3 keys, and new M531 today. They install in the car, verify no faults, they tell me everything looks great on the PIWIS. Dealer calls me to pick up the car.

I get to the dealer Friday @ 6, everyone but the cashier is gone. I pay and the car is waiting for me outside. I unlock the door, open it, and the interior light isn't working. I put the key in, and the light works. WTF?

I pull out my iPhone in the parking lot, google and discover I have the exact same symptoms as this..
http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/26614-help-interior-lights-2000-base.html

So I'll be back to the dealer on Monday to get the car out of "Transport Mode"

Remember.. all I wanted was two extra non-remote keys.

I am assuming that all values in the DME and M531 are default.

This is a base 1998 Boxster.

Q: What variables should I ask them to set when they plug in the car?

Last edited by b55er; 11-16-2012 at 11:41 PM.
b55er is offline   Reply With Quote