View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
As a relative noob to the board, and only a few hundred posts, with a lot of friends...I'll try to answer why I starting sending Friend Requests, to compensate for not having a life. Just kidding!

I am trying to track "the Boxster Fun Business" the way I do Contacts in Business. So I can contact people without having to remember who it was I had a thread with. Makes it easier for me. It just seemed like a cool way to meet people! I have found that most people here share a common bound so great that it transcends words. So in essence we are 'all friends' here because we have this fabulous car in common.

Funny note: You can send a 'friend' just about anyone on the board…cause we all like to BE friendly, @RandallNeighbour - you HAVE neighbour (european spelling) in your name, I KNOW you understand. By far the hardest person to receive a friend response from is Wayne at Pelican. Had a friend request in for months! And if that is the ONLY thing I can knock him for, that's pretty good! He answers calls, emails, etc. - so no biggie!

We are only given a max of 300 PM messages, at first that seemed like a lot but with multiple problems being solved, multiple projects to do, DIYs, people I have helped, peeps who have spent time helping me…..it is just an easy way to keep track of folks. I have had to delete many messages several times already. Wish we had more PM space.

…maybe I need to get a life! Thanks anyway for being a friend, whether you answer the request or not!

Meeting in person is a lot more fun than talking about it anyway.

So let's meet and talk about the car in person, then maybe we can be real friends! My $.02.

Last edited by Homeboy981; 11-15-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: though of something else...
Homeboy981 is offline   Reply With Quote