View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
ohhh my

Not sure if it's the same problem you are experiencing, but based upon my research I have found the cdr23 headunit seems to have an intermittent no sound problem where the headunit seems to be functioning fine. My problems occurs when I've driven the car for more than 20 minutes and stop turn off the car and return after a few minutes and restart and will experience no sound coming out of the speakers.

My 2 solutions

#1 if I'm running into somewhere really quick, I will press the power button as soon as I turn off the engine. This will leave the headunit on after removing the key. I also usually turn off the volume so no one can hear that I've left the radio on. Also make sure you don't "arm" the car or press the lock button on the remote, this will automatically shut off the radio. When I come back to the car, turn up the volume, start the car and radio continues to work.

#2 sometimes I'll run into a store and I don't feel like leaving my doors unlocked, I will come back and the radio won't work. Once the car is started, I pull both fuse recommended above and reinsert them after 15 seconds. It works most of the time on the first try, sometimes you have to do it 3 or 4 times before it works.

My radio also always works first time for the day, everyday. I'm starting to think it's a heat issue. Not sure if it's the headunit or amp. With my temporary solutions, I haven't bothered to look for a fix, but a fix would be nice.
ohhh my is offline   Reply With Quote