Thread: Still good?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
FasCar

Question Still good?

Hi,

(for those of you who don't want to read the intro but still want to help me, please skip down to the sign.)

I am still young (20 years old), but have always been in love with Porsches (without obviously, never having the money to afford one).

I've always been interested in young guys with modified Integras because of the amount of work and money they put in their cars to make them fast rides...but that wasn't really what I was planning for myself...

So, when I got a decent job and money started flowing in regurlarly, I thought of buying a used Porsche.

So I took a look at smaller models (and more affordable ones) like the 944 and 928 (even the 912) first but never found one that I felt was the one I had to have...

Recently, I came across a Porsche Boxster 1998 for the selling price of 8 000$ Canadian (which is about 6 840$ US). The problem is that the car is wrecked from a previous accident. The whole rear end needs to be re-done and the left door panel moving up to the front wheel needs to be repaired...not mentionning that the rear left wheel is in bad shape.

You can actually see for yourselves with the pictures of the car I attached to this thread...

I know that it's in pretty bad shape but I was wondering if it would still be cheaper to restaure it than to buy a mint used one (I can't afford a new nor a mint used one)

My gut tells me I'm being ridiculous actually thinking I can restaure this car but I want a Porsche so much that I'm willing to try anything...

Any hope?

I would greatly appreciate any comments, advice, ideas for alternate models, etc...

Thank you for your replies (and I'm sooo sorry this post is this long!)

Glad to be a new member
FasCar is offline   Reply With Quote