View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
kjc2050

Garage
Crappy feedback from Pelican Parts - IMS Guardian

Not the end of the world by any means, but it really disappoints me when a merchant can't give me an accurate answer to a simple, direct question.

A week ago I emailed Pelican Parts and asked if the IMS Guardian kits they are currently selling are the latest generation from LN Engineering. The response I received, from someone named Kenny, follows:

Hello Kevin ,
Part # PEL-115000-GLS is the most current update form LN we just got our shipment a week ago.
Thanks!

The reason I asked is that the latest generation kit has provision for an additional audible alert. I went ahead and placed my order.

The kit arrived today. Well, the kit's "black box" in fact appears to lack the connections for the additional buzzer/alarm, and the inspection stamp on the box is dated 3-23-12. Sweet!

As I said, I'll survive, but I am mightily disappointed that someone at Pelican was incapable of giving me a straight answer to a VERY simple question.

Oh yeah - I also called them before ordering, and whoever I spoke to assured me that the kits they're selling are the latest generation. I'll install the kit as is, but this has been a frustrating experience.

Perhaps I'm wrong... I'll include a picture of the box. If there's a way to connect an external alarm to this black box, I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know.

FWIW, the inspection stamp: