View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #33
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
O.K. here is what I have done to give you an update.

I have a large filter connected to a 4" silicone tube, does a 45 degree turn and it is reduced to 3.25", hits the screen from the old airbox (gotta remove that) and the Honeycomb filter, then flows into the MAF. From there it makes less than a 45 degree and it is in the Throttle Body.

I am flowing a lot more air! The system took a while to adjust to it but seems to be picking it up now after 20 on/off cycles.

The MAF is just above the AOS, maybe a little too close. Seems to be a tad warm there too. Ideally, I will try to get the MAF CLOSER to the Throttle Body, where the flow the MAF is reporting will be EXACTLY what the engine gets!

Still working on the "sealed Airbox design" to FLOW ONLY COLD AIR. But for now, it seems to be working with warm air, although not ideal….it is getting FASTER!

The acceleration seems to be better at lower RPMs. It is real nice rolling just off the clutch. The engine seems like it will REV FREE and EASIER now! Crisper response and putting plenty of power down.

So, in conclusion, some of you should check into moving the MAF closer to the TB. It seems to help the system AND a larger tube combined with the Honeycomb is getting some sweet results! Hard to ignore now!

Will update when the sealed airbox is done. I am on the fourth model of it now. Starting to come together! FWIW it has been one of the best improvements YET! All for less than a couple hundred….getting harder to ignore now?