View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #25
Bob O

I'm sorry for your incident. I've had malicious damage done to mine and it really sucks. Your problem seems to me not to be winning in court or having the police do something. Even if you win in court, which should be a slam dunk, it's the collecting that's the problem. If he has no insurance, no ID, etc, what are the chances that he has two dimes to rub together?

I've won several small claims court and tenant eviction cases. Only one paid a small amount. The rest just didin't pay and there wasn't a whole lot else I could do. Sure, you can file with the credit reporting agencies, but he's probably already in the tank in that regard. He can lose his license, but that probably won't stop him from driving. You can file a lien against any property he owns. Given what you've said it's doubtful he owns any.

I feel for you, but really don't have any suggestions other than to be a pest with this guy and bug the hell out of him until he pays up.

Regardless of what I said above, I'd certainly take him to court. The cost is minimal and who knows, he may be scared enough of the legal system that he'll pay up. If he doesn't show up to court you'll get a default judgement. Then personally go after him to collect if he doesn't pay. You, as the creditor, can do a lot more in the way of bugging him and making a general pest of yourself than a collection agency can (this is according to my attorney!!)

I hope it all works out for you. Keep us updated.
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote