View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
rene525d

Hi there mate I feel you. Not to make you feel any better but some people are really ********. Here's my story. I too bought a 2004S at 26 with no help from anyone and try to keep it looking its best. A few weeks ago I was waiting in line to embark a ferry with my Boxster and this grey Ford Transit was waiting in line before me. I was outside the car having a smoke when this guy (not the van's driver) comes over to me and asks if the Boxster is mine ---- to cut a long story short he brought to my attention that the driver of the Transit opened the Van's boot and a wheelchair that was in the boot fell on my bumper and hood!

You can imagine my feeling at that time ---- I go to check the damage and it was then that the van's driver came to speak to me. Well he gave me his details, cell no, SS Number, ID No etc and we agree that he will be paying my damages, which were a respray of both the bumper and hood. It was time to embark and we went on our ways. As soon as I got off I filed a police report.

Monday came and I get some quotes..... 910 euros from the dealership and around 400 from a local shop that I get work done at sometimes. Pleased that 400 should not be affordable to him I call him in the evening..... after a few minutes trying to explain who I was, he 'remembered' and upon telling him it totals too 400 euros, he starting swearing at me and even told me that he won't be paying anything, and that I can take him to court if I like. Ah damn!!!

I call my insurance, who offer to pay off the damage at the dealer, however I have a 500 deductible and I lose some no claims bonus.... not worth.

I wait a few days and call him again... he offered to give me just 260 euros as he called the Toyota Dealer and they quoted him that for a bumper and hood re-spray. This guy is thinking that I have a Toyota and not a Porsche!!

Police can't do a thing, so I am stuck. Probably I'll end up taking his 260 -- at least I would have gotten something then try to fix it later. Some people!!!!!
rene525d is offline   Reply With Quote