View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
Mighty Shilling

I'm wondering if it's not just like 1/4" off from where it's correctly mounted. with something as "flexible" as the top, you'd think there are multiple adjustments to ensure correct mounting and alignment. Seems to me like it's slightly off. I'm talking about the top assembly in and of itself, rather than the weather stripping. I seem to recall my Boxster's top flush with the top of the windscreen. However, I don't have access to it to check until Friday. But considering it looks like the top is not fully closing (your second picture. looks like the 2 black window frame pieces, not the seal, have too much of a gap between them. I feel like it should have tighter tolerances), and the top is sunk below the windscreen, it seems like you should be able to move the entire assembly a quarter inch (or less) towards the rear of the car, and have everything line up.

That being said, I've NEVER looked at how the top mechanism is attached to the car, or is adjusted. this is all what I see happening in my mind...

Last edited by Mighty Shilling; 10-31-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Mighty Shilling is offline   Reply With Quote