View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
ajvot71

windows not sealing with top

Greetings all. I really need some help on this one. I removed the top with the frame on my wife's 2002 Boxster (everything was aligned and worked perfectly before I removed the top and frame from the car. 6 bolts and 2 screws) to have a shop sew in a new rear window. They had to remove the top from the frame to do the work. The owner said he had done this for Boxster owners before and that having the top and frame off the car was better because he doesn't have a good place to park the car overnight. They did a fantastic job on the window and reassembly...I think. Everything looks perfect.

Here's the problem. Once I reinstalled the top assembly, when I latch the top in place, the windows roll up, but are hitting the front of the frame and rolling back down. Basically, the safety feature is engaging because something is out of alignment. It almost looks like the front side weatherstripping is pushed out too far, but I checked it's placement and it's in the channel in the top frame.

When I pulled the top off the car, I left it just as it was. I didn't close the clamshell, didn't hit the button, didn't even get near the car because I didn't want to mess up the timing, etc.
I need some serious help trying to figure out what happened to create the misalignment. Unfortunately, it's really inconvenient for me to get the car to the place that did the work, so I'm trying to fix this issue myself.

Please no responses about microswitches being bad. That's not the issue. It's a window hitting the top issue. I can't see how removing this could have changed any of the alignment.
I have posted a couple pics of the driver's side. I'm hoping that is something blatantly obvious to one of you.

ajvot71 is offline   Reply With Quote