View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #14
dbear61

This is my first P-car, purchased in May. 01 S with 3 PO. I was patient and took frequent change of owners as a sign of maintenance problems (i.e "lemon") which you can encounter regardless of make/model.

I was looking for a car with max 2 PO, but took a flier on this because a) the first owner had it for 8 years and 79K miles; b) it was an e-bay auction with no reserve; c) KBB an 01 S with 87K miles, PSM, upgraded stereo and the touring package w/ cruise control & rear wind deflector in VG condition compared to purchase of $11 and d) for me, prayer for God to put me in the right car put me at ease over the unexpected win of the e-bay bid.

The downside? I had to fly from Milwaukee to Sacramento, get a ride to Chico, and pay the cost of a fun 3-day drive home.

Be patient, be picky. The car will come to you when it is time. Have somebody else intervene to help your selection. A rush to choose is a danger whether purchasing a 12-yo car or a brand new car. You need to get a balance from somebody not invested in the choice to keep you patient until the right one comes along.

DBear
dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote