View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
gunman168

Talking Leak between Foam Liner/tray and Drain hose

Hello,

I have a 97 Boxster 986. I have troubles finding the leak that floods my module found under driver's seat. I had the car thoroughly repainted and I am not sure if everything was in place during re-installation by painter.

There was no leak from the front drains. I suspect that the leak comes from the backside drain specifically on the drainhole of the foam liner tray undearneath clamshell. There is no leak on the foam liner itself since every suspected hole was sealed and tested but I think the problem lies specifically in between the liner/tray drainhole and the drain hose underneath it which runs underneath the wheel well. The drain hose does not have a leak but perhaps water seeps right from the drainhole of liner/tray just before it goes to the drain hose underneath it since I noticed a partial gap in between them (liner drain hole vs drain hose).

Pic taken from web to show what part I am talking about. (Thank you to original image poster)

Can anybody give me an image of what exactly is underneath the foam liner in the drainhole part? I think its missing something or maybe needing adhesion to the drain hose to avoid the gap that is suspected to run water in between them which is seeping to the cabin. A picture of the part in between drainhole to drain hose will help me conclude on what is wrong. I cant dissasemble the foam liner tray as I do not have proper tools. I wanted to first know whats wrong so I may plan how to fix it.

Well this is only my hypothesis on the dilema. Though maybe somebody has a better answer? I am just guessing and any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone!

Last edited by gunman168; 10-30-2012 at 01:37 PM.
gunman168 is offline   Reply With Quote