View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgroth View Post
I'm looking to buy my first Boxster. Test drove 3. Looking at 01-03 base. The ones I see on Craigslist almost all have multiple owners. Ideally I'd like just one but I guess with a 12 yr old car that's unlikely.

I found an 01 I like for $11k w 80k miles, but it title search shows its been titled 6 times. Should that be a red flag? Either that it's a lemon or too many newbies have (ab)used it? Current owner had it from 55-80k and seems to have taken care of it.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the club!

Yikes! 6 owners! Run, don't walk! That would be my first instinct but, while the price is enticing, and you may be inclined to look and learn, as I just recommended to another buyer, get the Durametric and you will see how badly is was abused OR that some people got the car and did not leave their "bad habits" all over it for the next owner to have to fix.

F.Y.I. these cars will drop in price in the next few months IF you can put off your purchase a little…you will most likely have more be more informed and get a better deal. I would look out for cars coming out of the east coast or hurricane Sandy!