View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
stephe57

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by b55er View Post
Stephe57,

What you said and what the dealer said kinda makes sense.

They were telling me that the Alarm module passcode obtained by PCNA was not correct.

Now.. Either the database is incorrect.. or the module is bad in some way. As I said earlier, the car runs and drives fine with it's one key. As far as I know, the module has never been replaced.

I wanted to check with the forum in case the dealer was BSing me and wanted to turn two keys from a $300 experience into a $700 one.

Obtaining two extra keys has turned into an expensive ordeal. Does the dealer update the PCNA database if a new module is added? After this lesson learned, I understand that I will ask the dealer to provide me with all the coding information for the car.

Any other options to add keys to the car? If I swap the Alarm module out, I assume it has practically no value on the used market due to the unknown password issue. Can it be reprogrammed/flashed?

Thanks again,

B55er..
The Alarm Control module has your VIN coded into it. When a new Alarm Control Module is installed the Immobilzer Code is re-entered into the new module, thus your code never changes. If you wanted to get rid of the Alarm Control Module, in order for it to be useful to another owner, you would have to sell your DME, the key, and the Alarm Control Module together as that Alarm Control Module will not work for any other DME(VIN).

-Ty

Just out of curiousity, did they happen to give you the code that they obtained?
stephe57 is offline   Reply With Quote