View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
I used to love 911s and drove a couple but price was a factor especially maintenance costs. About 6 years ago I was on the way to look at a Boxster but the salesman said it was being repaired - one electric window would not work. I think it was a '99. On the way back I test drove a '99 Miata Mx5 and ended up buying it thinking that it would be cheaper to run. It had no air cond., no heated seats. It was hard to start in winter - battery needed charging all the time, needed block heater plugged in. Spring of last year I sold it after 4 years of ownership.

Bought a 2001 Boxster with 30k miles, manual trans., air cond., heated seats. This is my first Porsche and I am in my 60's. Could be my last Porsche! I am very happy with it. A year and a half of ownership and ten k miles later it I could not be happier. I drive it year round. If there is too much snow or too cold, then I don't use it that day.
It is the most fun car I have ever had. I have no psm so I don't push it in winter on the corners.
Here is a pic....
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote