View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
BruceH

Garage
I don't remember exactly when it started, but I can't ever remember not lusting after a Porsche. The shape of the 911 just speaks to me. Money, life, kids, mortgages, etc always got in the way. I had a brand new 1983 RX-7 that I drove right off the dealer showroom floor in the middle of a Wisconsin winter. I loved that car, it was my 911 substitute. I had to sell it several years later to continue my aviation career. I still have the spare key from that car sitting in my desk. I have always done all my own work on my houses. I can frame, finish carpentry, tile, plumbing, electrical, you name it. Last year I gutted and remodeled my masterbath. At fifty, I decided the plumber/carpenter/electrician/tile setter needed to finally be paid! I started looking around at 911's to see what I could justify. I stumbled on to this forum as well as others and started to see a couple of posts where 911 owners had wished they hadn't sold their Boxster. I started investigating, found out my neighbor is the parts guy for Zims(they advertise in Excellence, GT Porsche and others). He drove up one day in a black on black Boxster. I asked if I could test it out, and I was instantly in love! I would still love to have an older 911 some day but not at the expense of the Boxster. I love the top down driving and the handling is incredible. When I drive my 2001 S, it's like driving on rails. The Boxster is just an outstanding car.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote