View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #12
BoxsterSteve
still plays with cars...

Garage
For me, it started by falling for the shape of the 911 back when I was 14 while ogling over C&D. I bought a hardcover book history of the marque and looked through it until the binding fell apart. Next was the t-shirt. You know, the one with the gigantic iron-on of the Porsche crest. Be kind, I was only 15 at the time.

In high school, I was on yearbook staff, always carrying around my camera and always managing to take a couple of pics of any stray Porsche I could find. The teacher facilitator was never too impressed with my ability to waste film that way.

Fast-forward to age 21. Porsches had fallen off my radar, and I ordered and bought a new 1988 Mustang GT. Babied, pampered and drove the piss out of that ride until I turned 46. Something had changed. The 5.0 seemingly overnight just didn't do it for me anymore.

I started looking online what I could get for a 23 year old 18,000 mile garage queen nearly-an-antique Mustang GT. Surprisingly, it was what I could buy a decent Boxster S for. And the rest they say is history...

I lucked out and found a buyer ready to pay that kind of bread for the 'Stang and had $500 left after buying my 2000 S.

I've seen the old 5.0 at a couple of show & shines since I sold it. I'm glad it found a good home, but I don't miss it in the slightest.

At the times I can't go for a drive, I go out to the garage and just sit in my Boxster and enjoy finally owning a Porsche. It took 32 years, but it was definitely worth the wait.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote