View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Jack Olsen

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Thanks for stopping in Jack. We gotta go driving some time... Buttonwillow Nov. 2nd,3rd & 4th?? Test & Tune, TT & PCA Club Race. I think Jae Lee can give you a run for it in his similar car.
I won't be at Buttonwillow, but I'll be at Willow Springs on the 14th of November.

I've driven with Jae, and I think I can easily beat him on any track in California -- so long as I drive his car and he drives mine. (They're 'similar' only in that they're both based on widebody early 911s. Mine's a daily driver. His is a track car.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Beautiful workspace...I can only dream!

I would like to know about your car!!! This is exactly what I want to build one day! Looks like a modern motor..
It's a 1972 tub. It's got brakes from an 86 Turbo. Transaxle is a magnesium 1977 with close-ratio gears. Engine is a 1995, unmodified. Suspension is, well, modified -- but not in an expensive way. (Bilstein shocks in back. JRZ single-adjustables in front. But mounting points and some of the component dimensions have been changed.) All of the mods are at this link: www.pelicanparts.com/bb2

Last edited by Jack Olsen; 10-27-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Jack Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote