View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
Bryan topping

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
Long story for me to get to what I have now.

I was reading an article on Motor Trend back in 78 about the new 928 and the great reviews they had on the car. I fell in love with the 928. One day I was driving on I95 in Fl and actually saw one and yes this car was my dream car. I was 19 at that time. Through those years the 928 was my dream car and could never afford one. In 1981 I was reading Motor Trend again and they featured a 924 Carrera GT on the cover. I lusted after that car too. During this time I didn‘t have any desire for a 911. In 1983 Porsche introduced the 944. It was then that I realized the brand that I liked and now I have 3 cars I’ve been lusting for from Porsche. Like the Boxster when it was introduced waiting list for a 944 was several months to get one.

In 1986 Porsche introduced the 944 turbo (951). The commercial they had was awesome. This was now my dream car over the 924 Carrera GT turbo and the 928. At this point in my life I had 3 kids to raise and there was no way for me to afford any of them. I bought my first Porsche in 1993. It was a 1987 944 turbo which I kept for almost 10 years when I wrecked the car while being stupid. I learned a lot about the 944 turbo and found out they had a limited edition 944 turbo S produced in 1988. In 2002 I purchased the 944 turbo S (951S) to replace the 87 944 turbo. I still have this car today and it’s babied.

In 2003 my brother in Hawaii bought a new Boxster (base & tip). I drove it the first time with the top down and “Daaammmmn” I fell in love. The way the car handled the sound of that engine tone while the top was down, l I had to get one. In 2006 I bought a used 2002 Boxster S but it had to be a Tip. It was my agreement with my wife so she can drive it. She does drive stick but prefers not to. I now have two Porsche’s and was very happy.
Hanging out with local Boxster Owners and had a chance to drive one with a manual. I had to get one. The problem was how do I convince the wife since I already had 2 P-cars, a minivan, a lexus and a 91 CRX Si. Well, I saw a 2008 Boxster S Design Edition 2 and I had to have it. Told the wife about it and she said go for it. Yes I bought it and man I love this car.
Now I have two Garage Queens. When driven they are for long drives on highways and back roads.
Great story!
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote