View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
sweeper

Garage
Sun visor sticker removal- simplified

So I bought the "vinyl cover up/cut outs" to make my sun visors look.....better.

Great quality and it was a great transaction on Ebay....I certainly hate to take business away from this guy but there is an easier way.

While in the process of getting ready to slather some silicon on my car to make these stick- I used some wax/de-greaser to clean the surface- it is for automotive plastic-(among other surfaces) the label wiped off in less than a minute.

I've read the other posts about using denatured alcohol with some heavy scrubbing. It took me 5 minutes to do both visors (both labels on each)

1. Grab several paper towels to wrap around sun visor- This will protect the seats from over-spray and remnants of the sticker.

2. Spray the sticker- Just a few quick shots to cover the sticker. Let it sit for about a minute- ADVANCE AUTO ($8.95)

3. Wipe the sticker off.

4. I used 409 to clean and then wiped it down with Armor-all

For the "AIR BAG" decal on the other side- I sprayed a little on a cotton cloth and a little on the decal and wiped it a few times and it wiped off just as easy.
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote