View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
gazrawly

The boxster S's output is unusual imo. I too have a Boxster S 2002 and find the power delivery progressive and smooth. It's certainly no slouch but i find you can feel where Porsche have backed off power to keep the Boxster S treading on the toes of the carrera. Power from 1,000 - 4,000rpm is reasonably flat, increasing in power mildly and a hike in power is felt at around 4,500rpm. You can feel the power starting to flatten out at around 6,500rpm and it feels pretty pointless reving beyond say 6,900rpm as you'll get moving quicker by shifting up again.

The onboard computer is reading an average of around 27mpg so there is certainly a vast improvement to be had from your car gas mileage wise. Unsure if it will be slightly different given I'm from the UK and my Boxster S has just 2 cat's as oppose to your 4 cats (fitted to the exhaust header too if I recall correctly?).

At 52K, you seem to be having serious work carried out... Gearbox rebuild? Mines covered 80K now and the gearbox is still unopened from factory. What were the troubles you had with it?

Hope you get it sorted.

Last edited by gazrawly; 10-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.
gazrawly is offline   Reply With Quote