View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
RandallNeighbour

I drove my boxster for 4~6 hours nearly every day for 17 days this summer on vacation. Put 4200+ miles on the car. I developed a slight back pain which went away after we got home, despite the 2 hour leg and back stretching we did.

The car's seating and suspension is just not made for cross-country comfort driving.

Had I driven my 11 year old Lexus LS400, we would have been able to drive 8+ hours a day due to the ability to move one's legs and butt around in the car more frequently. My wife could have done far more of the driving as well as she's petrofied of shifting gears while entering freeways, followed closely by downshifting, or simply putting it in neutral and coasting with the brakes. Go figure.

The only reason we didn't take the Lexus is I wanted to drive Hwy 1 and through Yosemite in the boxster with the top down. It was worth all the discomfort and lack of luggage to do this! And believe it or not gentlemen, my wife packed one small duffle bag for 17 days and we only did laundry once. It can be done.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 11-28-2005 at 10:11 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote