View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
thom4782

Central Locking Advice Needed

My central locking system is acting up and I'd appreciate any advice you might have.

Here are the symptoms. I'll be driving along and notice that the red LED on the center console lock rocker switch has come on. If I try to turn it off, the light will go off, I'll hear two beeps, and the light will come back on. When this happens, the car isn't locked. I just looks that way because if I push the button to lock the car I hear the clunk of the locks locking.

Here are the diagnostic codes that I see:
10 - alarm system / central locking no function
33 - passenger compartment monitoring sensor faulty
42 - wrong key or transponder pill
47 - central locking synchronization
60 - central locking limit position lock not reached
61 - central locking limit position unlock not reached

I've done two things recently. I replaced both keys and I replaced the regulator for the passenger side window.

While it may be coincidence, the problem only seems to occur during the day after the car and the dash have been in direct sunlight for about 20 minutes. The problem has never occurred at night. One more thing...after I've parked the car in the garage, the locking system seems to work normally for an extended period until the red light pops on again.

I'm thinking that the key (code 42) is not the real problem because the symptoms occur regardless of what key I use. I'm guessing that a sensor has gone bad, but I don't know which one. Is it the sensor that sits on top of the dash near the bottom of the windshield? Or is it the sensor that is above the rear view mirror? The fact that is only seems to happen in direct sunlight suggests it's the dash sensor. On the other hand, the monitoring sensor as I understand it is the one above the rear view mirror.

Again, your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote