View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #136
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
I am turning 51 soon. Have wanted a Porsche since age 10. It has ALWAYS been a goal. I am goal driven!

The group I worked with in DFW purchased around 100+ homes per month (that's $15 million per month for those without a calculator)! That was myself and about 10 people…that is all it takes! Housing bubble my foot….try political/financial GREED - they are after more $$$. Want to solve housing? Repeal Dodd-Frank and let us work "people to people" without greedy banks who are not making loans to REAL PEOPLE! Housing would be back on track. We don't need a President to do that, we just need to reel in greedy folks in DC.

For 11 years I have bought houses from people in trouble, lots of them and used to Owner Finance them to people with less than perfect credit. I WAS YOUR LENDER! We were buying 10+ homes per month…until Congress passed Dodd-Frank. Shortly after that…we have a "housing crisis", you DO THE MATH! Congress put companies like ours out of business! There almost no investors left, is it any wonder homes are not selling?

I am a true one in a million and a million to one story. It took 11 years to build up a 1.7M net worth and only a couple years to fall down to nothing. I was NOT RICH at a million either! Contrary to popular belief and the current tax debate. I was paying $60,000 a year in Property Taxes ALONE! So now SOMEONE IS paying more TAX that I used to pay! Add title company fees, realtors, rehabbers, etc. I felt like I was supporting the whole economy…I guess I was! Now Congress wants 3.8% on home sales? WRONG!

My goal was to be a millionaire, my reward was a Porsche. Tried a 911, wrecked it in a block (Armour All by the dealer on TOP of the tires-another story in which English was a second language) wadded it up on a curb. Took a couple turns in the Box and I was smitten!

Now, we have one house and are barely paying our bills. Gotta LOVE THAT CHANGE IN AMERICA! The "CHANGE" is all that is left in your pocket!

Sorry about the rant…but people ought to know what is REALLY going on here. This may not be the place for it, but the question was asked.

Now my profession is…working on my Porsche! Soon to be a WalMart greeter - what a waste of talent! But you gotta put gas in the car to have fun! BTW I am NOT bitter, I will FIND SOMETHING to do…maybe.