View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
linklaw

Homeboy, the factory sport design interior paint is much different from yours. From the factory it is a textured finish with a matte look to it. It is not shiny like yours or the outside finish. The original finish was not very durable and chipped and scratched pretty easily. My repainted finish is tougher than the original. Papasmurf, I did not repaint all of my sport design interior parts, but only the console, ashtray and those covers at the top of the interior door pull. My radio surround and instrument surround, as well as the door pocket covers were in good shape so I left them alone. I cannot tell the difference in color between what I redid and the original. The only difference is that my repaint is slightly more textured than the original finish. I believe that a few more coats of clear would have made the repainted parts feel identical to the originals. I too had been considering painting the parts in arctic silver or seal gray, but am glad I was able to find a matching spray paint to the original as the sport design interior looks pretty good once you get used to it.
linklaw is offline   Reply With Quote