View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #24
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
O.K. I can see I am not the only one that has felt bad for the common man in a common car. The Box IS safer at higher speeds than most are at or below the speed limit. This thing handles like a bike….but if I were to follow a crotchrocket deep into a turn, I would test the laws of physics and become like the truck we are speaking of!

Just to clarify….he DID NOT WRECK! He slid off the road onto the shoulder. I watched the truck sway and then almost tip over, he corrected and slid. Then, much to my surprise….he collected himself and sped up again, like he was on fire (most likely to salvage what was left of his ego). I could NOT have stopped on the cloverleaf but would have gone around or called 911 if I had seen a cloud or worse - NOT SEEN him at all.

My wife explained it as the "Corvette Effect". People are trying to show off and write checks their talent cannot cash! Sorry about using the "C" word, it was my wife's description. I was in my work truck yesterday and caught myself speeding up around a yellow vette too, so maybe it is something we just need to be aware of.

Be Well and Be Safe but not necessarily slow.