View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
E3EJvilla
E3E

Exclamation 98 engine mount ?'s (3 point vs 4 point) 75k Maintenance

Never really had a formal introduction here. My name is Justin. 98 986 White just turned 75k miles.

I have recently purchased an engine mount - PN - 98737502305

My mechanic is also a little new to porsche's also. But is a 20+ year mechanic. With this being a straight forward job, He wanted to do this for me. He uses 2012 Alldata for information on cars. Upon looking up the engine mount. He noticed I purchased version 2, not version one.

I had him print out the two pages for me.

In the pic if it's hard to read states: There are two model version of engine brackets. Allocation occurs according to the number of screw connection points. The 4-point engine bracket must not be installed with the 3-point coolant guide housing (from version 1). Coolant guide housing with a 4-point screw connection and engine bracket with 3-point screw connection. The additional bolting point at the upper right-hand side -arrow- on the coolant guide housing is fastened with a hexagon-head bolt m10 x 60.

I have read on pelican that this mount should work. Also have read in the comments from a guy with a 99 same situation. His fix was purchasing the m10x80 bolt for the upper right hand. Is this safe to do? Only reason why I worry is the information all data states. Do not bolt the 4 to the 3 point. Or can someone further clarify this for me?

For 75k I should be doing engine mount, water pump, hoses, L&n t stat, serpentine belt? I have read that on some of the other threads. 4k Miles ago I had a porsche dealer install new plugs, oil, filter, air filter. What things should I be looking for in the future as far as my next maintenance.

I just walked out and snapped this pic. Newest "cell phone" pic. LOL

Are my wheels stock?

Thanks for any input guys. I appreciate it.
Justin