View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
southernstar

I think the craftsmanship is pretty incredible and I'm sure that the peformance is as well - afterall, its much lighter than the Boxster, has a lower Cg and one suspects less areodynamic drag. As I see it, the man obviously had the money, loved the basic look of the 550 Spyder but wanted state of the art performance. What other choice did he have?

The cost of custom metal coach work is so incredibly high these days that I am always happy to see a creation like this. As to the cost? As the old saying goes, if you have to ask you can't afford it. I know I can't, but cheers to someone who did and who has created a legitmate, one-of-a kind Porsche (and yes, it is a Porsche folks - just as all the custom, metal-bodied Rolls. Bentleys, Bugattis, Duesenbergs etc. retained the name of the manufacturer of their chassis and power train during the heyday of custom coachwork). And for those who are critical, I'm sure he could care less - it was made to please only one man and I gather it does. I'm also betting that if it goes up for sale at some point in the future, there will be no shortage of interest.

Brad
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote