View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #9
ukchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZDASPEED 272
you make a good point about the glass rear window, it looks so much cleaner then the plastic, how much will it cost to change the top for the glass window? for now I think im leaning towards the regular boxster. Just the newest and with the lowest miles I can find. I dont care much about options, actually i prefer not having some options like the heated seats... as for litronics and audio i can install later. How much are the aftermarket litronics ? i know they wont be adjustable like the factory ones.

After looking at certified cars I fell upon a beautiful 2003S. It is Basalt black, has the sport design interion, litronics, heated seats and Bose. None of the options were "musy haves" for me but I have to say I love them all, especially the sport design interior. This option adds a lot of pieces including the seat backs in a silver fleck finish but the best of all is the dash and door panels in a PVC finish that looks almost like carbon fiber.

The litronics are nice but I'd say unless you did a lot of driving in unlit areas they aren't crucial, I have to say others swear by them though. Same with the heated seats, my wife likes them, they extend the top down season a little but aren't critical.

The Bose is nice but be warned, all audio with the CDR23 are a pain to add aux in if that is important to you.

I really like the glass window, it's smaller than the plastic one but IMHO much clearer and no worries about it folding/cracking. The aftermarket replacement tops with glass seem to have mixed reviews, they look incredibly promising and comparitively cheap but a few people seem to have had some issues with them. I have no experience at all though.

Chris.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote