View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Could be "winter-blend" fuel but most likely is the intake needs cleaning…1 ˝ years? I am cleaning it every other month! One of us is over the top. Having said that, I never had an acceleration problem and I HAVE to go DOWN DIRT ROADS. If you go too slow on dirt…the car kind of looks like "Pig Pen" or a helicopter landing - with all the dust kicking up!

When you changed to air filter last did you clean, wipe, touch, or "blow air" on the MAF? Stupid thing is darn sensitive! Can be a quick couple hundred dollar mistake to mess with it if you ARE NOT CAREFUL!

When you do get around to cleaning the throttle body, a good compliment to that "repair" is to run race gas (105+ octane) if you can find it! NOT AV GAS!!! Race gas! We have a station nearby that carries it. There are a number of MX and Race tracks in the North Texas area so they carry it….for $7 a gallon.

Don't fill the tank with it but DO up the octane rating of your Premo gas - especially if you are in some areas of the world where Premium gas is only 90 octane or less! I also add fuel injector cleaner in the tank prior to running the Race Gas. NOT in the same tank!

CAUTION: You will become ADDICTED to RACE GAS if/when you run it! The gas will launch your car like a rocket! So be warned….