View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
Bob O

Time for a respray I think

A few years ago I was thinknig about getting the front end resprayed but was told by more than one...ahhhhhhh just wait till you can't stand it any more and THEN get it done. Well...I CANT take it any more!!! dammmmm it's fugly. And it's black...so every little chip sticks out like a sore thumb, and right now there's a TON of them. My plan is to get the front end painted (bumper, hood and fenders) and when the paint cures in a month or so get a clear bra put on so I don't have to do this again.

Any rough estimates of what it will cost? It will probably need a pretty good sanding to prep it for painting so the pits and chips won't show through. Everything else is fine...no repairs need to be made. Am I looking at 1-2K or 3-5 K...or more?

Anyone around KC know of a painter they would recommend? I'd talk to the dealer and see who they use but I've heard ups and downs about whoever it is from people who've gotten some touch ups and minor repairs done by them. I have talked to a couple of shops, but after visiting them, looking around the shops and talking for a while I wouldn't use them.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!