Thread: Fun at WSIR
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Nice clip. Just curious when she snaps back the other way was that throttle lift or counter steering just a little too long and coarse.
When she stepped out I was pinned at full throttle. I corrected by steering into the slide only at first but it was too little too late and the car continued to move to the right. I nearly had her straightened out but once the right front wheel went in the dirt I knew she was gone. I lifted and she snapped back and promptly ejected me from the track. If you must go off backwards at 90mph, that is a good place to do it. Old Rcomp tires were now hopelessly flat spotted. Live and learn.

I talked to the driver who was right behind me and he watched the whole thing as if in slow motion: "Oops, that was a big step out. Which way is he gonna go?? Right? Left?... there he goes!" We were running pretty close and if I had continued to fight the car we may have had contact. You gotta know when to hold em, and know when to fold em. Cool heads prevailed all around and the only damage was to some pretty far along tires and a little pride. I think that will buff out though.

Last edited by Topless; 10-10-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote