View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 07:46 AM   #9
JebLacey

Same Prob... Help!

Hi...

I am Brian, and am new to this forum, so bear with me.

Just traded in my SType on a 99 Boxster recently. No warranty, but I am ok, since it isnt the primary driver, and I like challenges...

I read the above posts, and have had a similar set of experiences...

During a drive, the car did the same thing... enabled the "4th gear only" option and kicked the Check Engine lite on. There are no Porsche Service centers within 100 miles of here, so I just went to Auto Zone and had the codes read. It came back with only one code (P0600 Serial Communication Link Malfunction ), which stated generically that the PCM was having trouble communicating with other modules. Also, I had great difficulty re-starting after this little episode. It performed this little dance for me 3 times that day, and has been fine since, until this morning, when it did it again. I havent got to the code yet, as it is thanksgiving and everyone is closed, but I spoke with some people at Porsche Naples yesterday and they said something about a gateway leaving the battery that could have water in it. Also, does anyone know where the freakin ECU is in this car? I want to start tracing out all the electronics, and see if i cant find a short or troublespot. Lastly, is there a separate comp. or controller for the Tip trans? If so, where is it located?

Thanks for tolerating the book I just wrote, and any response would be appreciated.

Brian

99 Box 63K
JebLacey is offline   Reply With Quote