View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #24
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Driving it like you stole it can be challenging in town! It is hard to rap it out in traffic, and, like Sammy Hagar says, "I can't get my car outta second gear!"

I live near the Interstate so, once warm, I blow her out with quick bursts up to ***mph or so - when no one is around - I'm not irresponsible - just havin' fun! Seriously need to get it on a track!

I was getting some clunking and found it to be the front engine mount (you have to remove the belly pan to check). Like most repairs…there are "tricks" you must know. Thank God for these people here….they have saved me throwing tools or worse! So lurk and learn. I too was a new owner many months ago (seems like another life). Now, I could not go back to a regular "Box" car!

My wife has a 2008 Honda, and so far our expenses have been about the same. Same payments, she gets better mileage by about 2mpg, almost same amount of $$$ spent on repairs. My car is older and you have to factor that in.

I am going to write a book titled, "How To Drive A Porsche…On A Honda Budget!" Of course my IMS could have something to say about the killing the book deal!