View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
New Intake or Just A Bunch of HOT Air?….You Decide

I have talked to a few members in DFW about this and what they have done to get MORE AIR THROUGH THEIR INTAKES! Most of it is really $%^& expensive!

Here is a ROUGH sketch of an idea for an INEXPENSIVE Cold Air Intake system. You guys would know better, so let's hear it.

Open to ideas, trying to accomplish the following:
1). Keep it reasonably priced. I like Pedro's designs but wanted it to look more presentable, no offense Pedro - I like MOST ALL your other solutions.
2). Dump as much air through the MAF as it will take, without re-programming. How much is that BTW?
3). Get rid of restrictions, unnecessary twists and turns…in the factory design.
4). Utilize a K&N Cone-Shaped Filter where the base of the SNORKEL used to be - in the COLDER AIR! I know it will work since I have "rough fit" the one from my truck. The only problem seems to be tubing related.
5). Re-use the Factory Airbox's MAF tubing section AND Firewall seal section (will need to be widened from 'Snorkel size').

Put some of these "engineering minds" around here to work, but please speak English and BE GENTLE. After all, I have not seen too many other members that have something workable…I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE - So Ring in and help a Poor P-car owner out!

Signed,
...Looking for More Horses