View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
Mark_T

Those clamps were the time-eater. I basically followed Pedro's DIY (thanks btw Pedro... again)

I was able to get at the oil filler tube clamp from the top at the engine end, which then allowed me to carefully pull the manifold far enough into the trunk to access the manifold end clamp on all but the coolant tube which I was also able to disconnect from the engine end and then remove from the manifold once I had pulled it and the coolant tank out. I did not try Wayne's method of removing the brace and trying to get at it from underneath, but I may need to do that when it comes time to put it all back together.

What really helped was a good assortment of weasel tools like cable actuated clamp pliers, 11" angled and straight needlenose pliers, and a variety of hose picks. Couldn't have done the job without them. Most of my tools are Snap-on and I think having good quality tools always makes the job go better.

Very true, Bruce. Things can always be worse. Now that I'm into the job and I have a plan it's actually not so bad.

I loved that line in the DIY about the job being easier to do with the transmission out of the car. Like, seriously? Who builds cars that way?

Last edited by Mark_T; 09-30-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote