View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
kcpaz

I have been quietly offering the "basic conversion components" for a while now, but haven't really done any marketing. I know the street version is what everyone wants to see, so I wanted to wait until I had an example finished before I start ramping up sales.

The track testing has gone amazingly well. We haven't had a single component failure or anything. Literally 100% successful. In fact, since the green car was finished, we also built another race car using the same conversion parts and a Boxster S 6 speed...

Also, based on the results of our testing, we decided to convert the green race car to an air/water intercooler system. Now that we know that cooling isn't a problem, and the center radiator is available for use as a heat exchanger, we can reduce weight by getting rid of the roof scoop and related ducting... and make the car less ugly. We just finished the new system and will be testing it next weekend on the track. So far, the stock engine has proven reliable too, despite the experiences that you might hear from the "import tuner kids". We have been running the car at 400whp for the past 7 test weekends and when we did a leakdown test yesterday, all 4 cylinders are still around 10% cold.

I will post up new weight figures on the green car when I do an update with the new intercooler set-up.

As far as interfacing the electronic systems, I think you will be suprised at how easy this is, especially on the early cars (1997-1999).
kcpaz is offline   Reply With Quote