View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
mistermac99

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
Bruce it's pretty tough to photograph as it's a black fork against a black backdrop going on black vents. If anyone has a 987 that fell apart, I'm quite sure I could set them straight with a phone call provided they have all the pieces. What really surprises me? I asked the dealer to help me find a car, they did nothing, then I show up with a purchased spyder which they all clamor about then they don't follow up on the part warranty. BUT.. They were able to follow up on service offers just not the part, I mean WTF! This car was expensive, the service is a freaking joke, Ford kills em all day every day. Porsche doesn't seem to care about anyone new or not unless you have stupid money and you have purchased a ton of their metal.
I just purchased my 1999 Boxster last month. I found a great Indy Porsche mechanic who did my 60,000 service. He's been working on Porsche for 30-years.
There's a dealership in my town that carries, Porsche, VW, and a bunch of others. I took it there twice already, since it's kind of difficult to schedule with the Indy. Once to see if it could be programed for keyless remote, which it could not, and once to get a spare key made and programed. They took me to work, came back and picked me up at lunch when the car was ready, and were very nice and professional. I received a customer satisfaction survey from them after each visit. The second survey I completed, I didn't rate everything as excellent, but good, so the service manager called me to see what they could have done better.
I guess it really boils down to who the dealership is, and how much they give a damn about customer service . Sorry to hear you are having issues. The service department can make or break a car purchase.
mistermac99 is offline   Reply With Quote