View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Gary_d
Gary D

Garage
I don't see a choice on the Durametric for toggling the cam sensors. I have been toggling the 'cam timing' buttons, but I assumed they were testing the solenoids. Is that actually the sensors being tested? If so, they both seem to be OK.

When I tested again today, bank 1 started out at +18, right where it was yesterday. I toggled the cam timing buttons though, and then went back to actual values. I watched the variance for bank 1 drop a number at a time until it settled back to -6 where all of this started. Now it seems to be staying there.

Watching the values for ignition timing, there's a marked change like JFP said it would. Ran it through the revs and got about 29 degrees.

One other possible fluke I found is with the tensioners. The one for the intermediate shaft has 1 ring as it should. However, both of the other ones are smooth. I also don't have the 2 rings cast into the head on bank1. When I did the IMS, I'm pretty sure I checked that tensioner had the 2 rings on the shaft even though they weren't on the head. Couldn't have mixed the two as I never removed the one for bank2.

Still think it's the cam sensor?
Gary_d is offline   Reply With Quote