View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
trimer
jakesbox

Fabspeed Exhaust Installed!

All

For those of you who were interested and wanting my feedback on my new fabspeed exhaust...here it is.

After watching many youtube videos on this thing, most of which had new headers, etc...I opted for just the exhaust piece.

I AM BLOWN AWAY at how this thing sounds. I was sitting in the waiting room - took them 3 hours to install and according to them, if you are a DIY person, this can be done easily at home. In the waiting room, all I had was an xbox to play sitting on a couch so had no idea when it was done until I heard them start it. Through the walls came this wonderful deep exotic car sound which is funny as this is just a 6 cylinder 2.7 liter..so that could not be mine right? Well, it was and what a great big smile I had on my face when he came in and said that was your car!

The exhaust was beautiful out of the box...stainless, perfect welds, and the chrome tips are larger than I thought, but look sooooo good out the back end. You can not see any of the exhaust as it tucks up perfectly under the back end.

Driving home, I took the long way...stop lights the whole way and never once since owning this car have I had someone point or break their neck to look at this car. Well, that quickly changed. I pulled in a gas station, gave it a small rev before shutting it off and 2 people pumping gas were pointing and one got out of the car to look. What a cool feeling.

The youtube videos do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for this system. IT IS NOTHING LIKE what I could hear on youtube...much deeper, much throatier, much much more powerful sounding. I was actually nervous getting on the road as I was wondering if it was too loud! BUT - then I did finally hop on the highway and with the top down, 5th gear cruising at 80 it was pleasantly silent - ish. The one big thing about this exhaust unlike the stock is that YOU KNOW when you hit the throttle...wether just a slight push or heavy, you can feel all of it. I know this sounds a little off...but it really does feel less restrictive...like the car didnt have to work as hard to get up into the rpms...

I can not tell you how happy I am with the system. The sound it makes now is exactly what I was going for...not a rice rocket sound...not am import sound, but a true Porsche type sound that I was hoping for.

Last words - be careful if you are thinking about one of these. I am into a little louder than normal car. If you are listening to youtube, remember that it actually sounds nothing like the live and in person sound you get.

I AM THRILLED -
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote