View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #7
donv

I have a 2001 as well - and also find the basic Boxster seats are just plain uncomfortable for long trips (albeit great for spirited track driving)... my DD Subaru and GF's Mazda are both much better for longer rides. There is a way to modify the stock Boxster seats to add lumbar support that should make it better. I've not yet made the change to my car but plan to. There was a post here a couple of months ago about using a blood pressure cuff to add adjustable lumbar support; there is also an aftermarket part specifically designed to do the same thing but tailored to the seats. In the past I've used rolled up hand towels to achieve the same thing but in a temporary fashion. Give that a try to see if it will help and then explore the above more permanent solutions. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua6060
Do any of you guys get uncomfortable in your Boxsters on long drives?
I have taken a few 3 and 4 hour drives in my new '01 Boxster and have found the seats to be come rather uncomfortable after a few hours of driving, particularly around the hips and lower back. I have played around with various seating positions, and I think its the seat itself that is too hard, Do you guys have any suggestions or thoughts or experiences that might help me out with this before I take this 8 hour drive for Thanksgiving????

Last edited by donv; 11-26-2005 at 09:38 PM. Reason: typos
donv is offline   Reply With Quote