Thread: Black HIDs
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
tuanle16

I didn't notice the angel eye remark at first. do you have another pic of it? like you said, it's hard to see or even notice in the other pics you posted.

nothing you can do about the "amber" that is painted on the lens huh? (except paint over them, like i see people posting). but i want mine to be clear like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster7614 View Post
As I said I don't have a how to. Yes the inside of your light looks like that after you break off the front lens. But it's chrome not black, see first post there is a pic before I painted it with a semi gloss black paint for plastic. As for the 3 bulbs, the original setup used 1.high beam 2.low beam 3. A very small back light. On this set up the projector uses a movable cutoff shield so blubs 1 & 2 are combined into one light, thus the name bi-xenon. When you turn the high beams on it acts as a relay to activate a selinoid that moves the shield and allows the light to function as a high beam. This is how many OEM hid lights are setup. The 3rd light I connected to the angel eye which is hard to see in the pics but it's a bright white ring that lights up around the projector like BMW uses.

I agree with the remark about the led lights, i think they look a little cheesy and look like a cheap aftermarket light. But I kinda like their led tail lights.

As for the car, front bumper is a polyurethane GT3 look bumper, with TA style side skirts, splitters on rear bumper, robins top with back glass w defroster, 18" ruff racing wheels. Painted calipers red with Porsche logos & high temp cleared over.