View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
ohhh my

I would also be interested to hear your impression and install process. I just sent Che an email and will report back how they handle everything.

I have a 03 Boxster S and here is my problem.

After I received my order on Friday, I took the box straight to an exhaust shop to get it installed.

The first exhaust shop said the angle and shape of the piping was incorrect, but I wanted a second opinion because it was a small mom and pop shop and based upon reading the forums, I knew there would be some slight modification that needed to be done.

So today, Saturday, I took it to another shop to get their opinion. Again, they said there is no way these pipes will fit. There is 2 problems with these pipes. The angle of the pipe is incorrect and also the shape of the pipe is also wrong. If you look at the stock setup on a 2003 Boxster S, the pipe from the primary cat to the exhaust should angle upwards towards the trunk, top speed's pipes are nearly flat with only a very slight angle at the flange.

The second problem is the shape is also wrong. See attached pictures. When it's lined up with the factory flange, the end of the pipe is pointing towards the end of the bumper.
Attached Images

ohhh my is offline   Reply With Quote