Thread: Jacking
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
LAP1DOUG

I do it just like this guy. It does work best if you use this technique on the rear before you do the front in the same steps that he outlined so that the rear suspension cannot transfer any load as you jack up the front. It will work doing the front first, but not quite as secure going up.

To make these jack points work, you need to have a low profile jack to reach these points from the front and rear of the car. My car is lowered a bit, so I still need ramps which I custom made for the front and rear from 1" x 8" boards sandwiched together to form a stair step pattern that I can just drive up on to get the whole car about 3" up in the air before jacking. Then I use a small piece of wood on top of my jack to spread the load a bit and soften the contact to the vehicle surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
Real easy guys. Theres a jack point right in front of the muffler, under the U shaped aluminum brace, where you can jack up the entire rear end. With the back end up on jack stands, theres a jack point at the front of the car, see first image at the link below, that you can use to jack up the whole front end. Just jack up one side and the other side will go up with it, put a jack stand on the jack point thats opposite the jack and then put the last jackstand under the jack point on the jack side.

Once you have all the jackstands in place, go linebacker on the car, push on the front and rear bumpers and try to knock it off the stands to make sure the stands are secure.

Pelican Technical Article: Jacking Up and Lifting the Boxster on Jack Stands - 986 / 987

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote