Thread: Black HIDs
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
boxster7614

As I said I don't have a how to. Yes the inside of your light looks like that after you break off the front lens. But it's chrome not black, see first post there is a pic before I painted it with a semi gloss black paint for plastic. As for the 3 bulbs, the original setup used 1.high beam 2.low beam 3. A very small back light. On this set up the projector uses a movable cutoff shield so blubs 1 & 2 are combined into one light, thus the name bi-xenon. When you turn the high beams on it acts as a relay to activate a selinoid that moves the shield and allows the light to function as a high beam. This is how many OEM hid lights are setup. The 3rd light I connected to the angel eye which is hard to see in the pics but it's a bright white ring that lights up around the projector like BMW uses.

I agree with the remark about the led lights, i think they look a little cheesy and look like a cheap aftermarket light. But I kinda like their led tail lights.

As for the car, front bumper is a polyurethane GT3 look bumper, with TA style side skirts, splitters on rear bumper, robins top with back glass w defroster, 18" ruff racing wheels. Painted calipers red with Porsche logos & high temp cleared over.

Last edited by boxster7614; 09-19-2012 at 04:32 PM.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote