Thread: Sad Day... :(
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 10:06 PM   #15
MNBoxster

Hi,

Thanks for the Many and Varied replies. Fact is, I have 3 Fun Cars, a 34 Year Old Datsun 240Z (Original Owner - 21k mi.), a 21 Y.O. Lotus Turbo Esprit (34k mi.) and my '99 Boxster, (24k mi.). They are all in Pristine Shape and well Driven. My Lotus and Datsun are National Show Winners, but regularly see Track and Auto-X - not Queens, but not Hags either.

But, in the Weather up here it simply makes no sense. First, you can't Drive 'em like you Stole them, because of the weather and the cold which never lets the Tires warm sufficiently. Second, it's really really hard on the Cars, both cosmetically, and also on the mechanics of Warming it up and having the Temp drop so fast once they're shutdown. Finally, all the other Crazies out there make it unwise.

So far as the clutter, most of the Boxes are stuff from my Mom's House which we are emptying after 45 years in preparation of selling it - my Dad passed away this past Summer at the age of 80, so I'll have some clutter until my Mom gets out of her house and better settled - What'ya gonna do...???

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 11-19-2005 at 10:08 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote