Thread: Sad Day... :(
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #14
mjw930

Hey, I don't begrudge anyone wanting to keep their pride and joy in tip top shape and it's obvious that MN is one of those places where you won't see the pavement for months at a time.

I lived in the Midwest and northeast for over 30 years. Of course you choose the proper vehicle for the conditions and anyone that lives up there and uses their Porsche as primary transportation will have days where they simply won't be going anywhere. When I lived up north I would take very opportunity I could to drive the Porsche but it never got snow tires and I think I only got caught in the snow once or twice.

However, when I lived in Cupertino I routinely took the 944 to Tahoe to ski and had cable chains to get be over the pass. (but then is was a 944 so I suppose it doesn't count )

BTW, if you've been to Germany and shopped Porsche's you'll find that you will end up paying at least 20% more than we pay (MSRP tends to be higher depending on the exchange rate plus the VAT). Most people who have new Porsche's also have other cars, usually company cars as that's a standard practice in Europe for most management and engineering positions.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote